Looking to simultaneously creep out and impress your kids at the same time? Check out this great recipe for a Halloween party treat guaranteed to keep them guessing!
- 6 ounces raspberry or grape flavor gelatin
- 100 plastic straws (Be sure and get the bendy straws! They make cooler worms!)
- 1 empty, cleaned 1-quart milk or orange juice carton to hold straws
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 12-15 drops green food coloring waxed paper
- In a bowl, put the gelatins and pour boiling water.
- Mix the water and the gelatine until it’s perfectly even.
- Cool approx 20 mins, until tepid.
- Pull the straws to maximum length and place them upside down in the container.
- Secure them with a rubber band to make sure they stay together.
- Mix the gelatin with cream and food coloring.
- Fill the straws.
- Cool approx 9 hrs until the gelatin is firm.
- Move the straws from the container and separate them.
- Put every 3 straws in hot water for 2 secs.
- Separate the worms from the straws with your hands.
- Put the worms on baking sheets and cool for 2 hrs.