Follow the simple instructions from the folks at The36thaveneue and make these colorful balls that actually bounce! Made of 5 simple ingredients, the creating process is as fun as the finished product.
- ½ Cup Warm Water
- 1 Tb Borax
- 1 Tb of Cornstarch
- 2 Tb White Liquid Glue
- Food coloring
- Optional: Disposable rubber gloves.
- In a cup mix the warm water and the borax.
- In another cup mix the glue, cornstarch, and food coloring.
- Pour the glue mixture into the water-borax cup.
- The glue mixture will harden after 10 seconds; use a fork to take it out of the water. If the glue mixture is still sticky, squish it with your hands and dip it back in the water.
- Roll the mixture in your hands to make a ball. The more you handle the mixture the firmer it will become.
- You are done!
Keep in mind that the balls will flatten a bit after sitting for a while. Store them in small plastic containers or a plastic bag. If they get flattened roll them between your palms again, this will bring them back to the ball shape.