What a fun project for the kids! All they need is a cheap roll of tinfoil, an incline of some sort, and running water.
HOW TO MAKE TINFOIL RIVERS: SUPPLIES
- 90′ package of tinfoil
- water supply
- small items to float
SUMMER FUN WITH TINFOIL RIVERS
- Find an incline (backyard hill) or create one with found objects.
- Unroll a long length of tinfoil (the longer the better).
- Roll the edges of the tinfoil.
- Secure the top of the tinfoil with a heavy object (brick is used in picture).
- Add water and watch the tinfoil.
Kids can create inclines using items from the backyard or around the house.
Kids then need to work to roll the edges to create their tinfoil rivers. The sides of the tinfoil need to be folded up just a bit to create the river.
Once the edges are formed just add a hose and the river will be rolling!